Principal Software Architect
The Principal Software Architect position is the key technical focal point for S2 Security Management System (SMS) development projects. This position requires a broad background in delivering enterprise-grade solutions involving the Cloud, Internet and Appliances. You will bring a technical team together, make tradeoffs, resolve issues and achieve a technical solution that delights our customers. The successful candidate will excel at delivering innovative products while demonstrating creativity and attention to detail.
- Make architecturally significant decisions for software designs based on product requirements, existing platform attributes and the strategic direction of the company
- Collaborate with team members to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new products and features
- Use tools and methodologies to create architectural representations
- Develop high-level design specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Conduct prototypes to prove or disprove candidate solutions
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Serve as a member of the development Scrum team and provide detail reviews to ensure architectural integrity
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other engineers
- Provide hands-on software coding and developer testing of new features
- Ensure that the product architecture evolves to meet the on-going requirements of quality, security, scalability, modifiability, extensibility etc.
Proven experience as a software architect
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing enterprise-class software products
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Expert with Java, Spring and Apache
- Strong expertise with REST, JSON and SQL
- Experience with Python, C++, PostgreSQL and NoSQL is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Fundamental Modeling Concepts (FMC), or UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Must be self-motivated and have a proven ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Agile/Scrum experience is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation abilities
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering or relevant field
Interested? Apply Now
S2 Security Corporation does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or placement agencies. All unsolicited resumes submitted referring to one of our current postings or otherwise are deemed unsolicited and will be considered the property of S2 Security Corporation, and S2 Security Corporation will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About S2 Security
S2 Security Corporation, headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, is an internationally recognized innovator in the field of IP based integrated physical security management products.
S2 was founded in 2002, is profitable, growing steadily, and is privately held by a group of individual investors including a number of its employees. If you enjoy an opportunity where product ease of use and service come first in a flexible, self-motivated environment, then S2 is right for you. Results count for everything here, and a minimum of bureaucracy will keep you close to the action.
S2 develops and markets a family of network appliance products that manage all aspects of a commercial building’s physical access control, alarm monitoring, and video security infrastructure. By leveraging the power of networking technology, S2 brings users an unprecedented level of control over enterprise security. Our product line, available in a number of languages, is continually improving because we listen to our customers and work with them to build the best products available.
Employees of S2 are passionate about our products and excited to work where their input can be seen on the product line. We strive to be world class and innovative in the IP based physical security industry. All employees are encouraged to think outside of the box and their voices are always heard.
S2 offers a full suite of benefits and a casual work environment. Please reference the Job Code when applying for a job.