Principal Software Engineer
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing, integrating and maintaining our physical security and platform software across our entire product suite. You will be part of a skilled team working alongside other departments (Technical Support, Customer Service, Sales and Manufacturing). This is a position for self-motivated creative thinkers who can deliver on a concept with minimal requirements.
- Design, develop, integrate and maintain our Linux system software platforms and device specific software for our access control products and video management products
- Migrate our products to new Linux releases
- Develop new features and functionality for our access control and video management products
- Introduce support for new access control devices to our access control management system
- Linux system expertise with 7 to 10 years of experience. Ubuntu/Debian preferred.
- Experience with design/development on multi-threaded systems
- Strong expertise in C/C++ development
- Experience with python and shell scripting
- Strong debugging skills
- Must be self-motivated and have a proven ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment. Agile/Scrum experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment
- BS in EE/CS with expertise in Embedded Software development
Interested? Apply Now
S2 Security Corporation does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or placement agencies. All unsolicited resumes submitted referring to one of our current postings or otherwise are deemed unsolicited and will be considered the property of S2 Security Corporation, and S2 Security Corporation will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About S2 Security
S2 Security Corporation, headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, is an internationally recognized innovator in the field of IP based integrated physical security management products.
S2 was founded in 2002, is profitable, growing steadily, and is privately held by a group of individual investors including a number of its employees. If you enjoy an opportunity where product ease of use and service come first in a flexible, self-motivated environment, then S2 is right for you. Results count for everything here, and a minimum of bureaucracy will keep you close to the action.
S2 develops and markets a family of network appliance products that manage all aspects of a commercial building’s physical access control, alarm monitoring, and video security infrastructure. By leveraging the power of networking technology, S2 brings users an unprecedented level of control over enterprise security. Our product line, available in a number of languages, is continually improving because we listen to our customers and work with them to build the best products available.
Employees of S2 are passionate about our products and excited to work where their input can be seen on the product line. We strive to be world class and innovative in the IP based physical security industry. All employees are encouraged to think outside of the box and their voices are always heard.
S2 offers a full suite of benefits and a casual work environment. Please reference the Job Code when applying for a job.