Senior QA-SDET Engineer
S2 Security is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance (QA)/Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to provide project leadership of the tasks and deliverables performed throughout our QA project life cycle while also contributing hands-on in the planning and execution of our test coverage. The candidate will have a demonstrated history of planning, designing, and executing functional and performance testing with both manual and automated methods and reporting progress/status to leadership. Our goal is to build quality into our solutions and not just test it in at the end.
- Analyze and understand project requirements to determine efficient test strategies; provide testing estimates; develop and execute test plans/cases. Help ensure testing coverage and effectiveness by reviewing test plans/cases developed by other scrum team members. Also promote team collaboration in an effort to achieve testing consistency and completeness.
- Design, develop, and implement automated tests to keep pace with fast-paced Agile delivery with an emphasis on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD). Integrate with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Lead the test effort on assigned features and drive quality within a scrum team, focused on exercising Restful APIs before user interface (UI) components are available and integrating API with UI automation once UI is available
- Identify defects and bottlenecks in our complex solutions of integrated security and video components; accurately provide status/results reporting for test execution to leadership
- Assist the QA Director in the identification of risks, risk management, and risk mitigation strategies to ensure successfully qualified solutions
Skills and Experience:
- Testing web-based applications and embedded systems with both manual and automated techniques using both black-box and white-box approaches; familiarity with functional, performance, and scalability testing. Experience working across entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Windows and Linux operating system knowledge, including performance monitoring and networking topologies. Working with test environments comprised of both physical hardware and virtual test technologies.
- Test automation experience with test automation frameworks, tools, and practices focused on APIs using Postman or other solutions
- Experience in one or more programming/scripting languages (e.g., C/C++, Java, C#, Python, Shell Script, etc.)
- Experience testing web services and technologies (e.g., REST & JSON, XML, HTTP, Web Server, etc.)
- Experience working in a CI/CD DevOps environment like Jenkins or GIT for executing automated tests
- Experience with Access Control and/or Video Security systems is a major plus
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to multi-task working both independently and in team environments. High standard of performance, attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, with 5+ years of experience
Interested? Apply Now
S2 Security Corporation does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or placement agencies. All unsolicited resumes submitted referring to one of our current postings or otherwise are deemed unsolicited and will be considered the property of S2 Security Corporation, and S2 Security Corporation will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About S2 Security
S2 Security Corporation, headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, is an internationally recognized innovator in the field of IP based integrated physical security management products.
S2 was founded in 2002, is profitable, growing steadily, and is privately held by a group of individual investors including a number of its employees. If you enjoy an opportunity where product ease of use and service come first in a flexible, self-motivated environment, then S2 is right for you. Results count for everything here, and a minimum of bureaucracy will keep you close to the action.
S2 develops and markets a family of network appliance products that manage all aspects of a commercial building’s physical access control, alarm monitoring, and video security infrastructure. By leveraging the power of networking technology, S2 brings users an unprecedented level of control over enterprise security. Our product line, available in a number of languages, is continually improving because we listen to our customers and work with them to build the best products available.
Employees of S2 are passionate about our products and excited to work where their input can be seen on the product line. We strive to be world class and innovative in the IP based physical security industry. All employees are encouraged to think outside of the box and their voices are always heard.
S2 offers a full suite of benefits and a casual work environment. Please reference the Job Code when applying for a job.