Senior Software Engineer
S2 Security is seeing a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in Qt, QML and C++ to work on the S2 Magic Monitor application, which unifies access control, video surveillance, forensics, digital signage and live Internet feeds in a single, easy-to-use client. The successful candidate will have excellent development skills, a love for solving complex problems, and an appetite to learn new technologies.
- Design, code, and unit test great new features using Qt/QML
- Work with UX designers to realize complex UI work flows
- Partner with Scrum team members on delivering Sprint commitments
- Collaborate with Product Management on product requirements
- Participate in receiving and giving peer code reviews
- 5+ years of experience in C++ experience
- 2+ years of experience in developing user interfaces using Qt/QML is a strong plus. Superior C++ skills and a desire to learn Qt can be a substitute for Qt / QML experience.
- Excellent object-oriented design & programming skills in multi-threaded applications
- Incredible coding and debugging skills
- Experience with STL, Boost and other major C++ libraries including Network Programming
- Experience designing/interfacing with applications with REST API is a plus
- Experience in JSON parsing is a plus
- Experience with UI for a Video pipelines is a plus
- Agile / Scrum experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and have a proven ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
- BSCS or equivalent
Interested? Apply Now
S2 Security Corporation does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or placement agencies. All unsolicited resumes submitted referring to one of our current postings or otherwise are deemed unsolicited and will be considered the property of S2 Security Corporation, and S2 Security Corporation will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About S2 Security
S2 Security Corporation, headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, is an internationally recognized innovator in the field of IP based integrated physical security management products.
S2 was founded in 2002, is profitable, growing steadily, and is privately held by a group of individual investors including a number of its employees. If you enjoy an opportunity where product ease of use and service come first in a flexible, self-motivated environment, then S2 is right for you. Results count for everything here, and a minimum of bureaucracy will keep you close to the action.
S2 develops and markets a family of network appliance products that manage all aspects of a commercial building’s physical access control, alarm monitoring, and video security infrastructure. By leveraging the power of networking technology, S2 brings users an unprecedented level of control over enterprise security. Our product line, available in a number of languages, is continually improving because we listen to our customers and work with them to build the best products available.
Employees of S2 are passionate about our products and excited to work where their input can be seen on the product line. We strive to be world class and innovative in the IP based physical security industry. All employees are encouraged to think outside of the box and their voices are always heard.
S2 offers a full suite of benefits and a casual work environment. Please reference the Job Code when applying for a job.